Dylan Spina – @DylanSpina61
“You are the sum of the 5 people you surround yourself with.”
We’ve all heard this saying along with if “you’re not adding you’re subtracting.” It is important to surround yourself with people who will better you, but how are you going to help better them?
You help better them by never stopping improving yourself in every aspect, physically, mentally, spiritually, etc. If you can level yourself up it will force the company you keep to level up, therefore, bettering everyone around you. Self-development and self-improvement are all around us. You just must be willing to put in the work. Nowadays there are opportunities to grow every minute of the day. You can find a podcast on the subject you want to better yourself with or a book to read. There are many seminars to learn from the best in their trade in person, from the horse’s mouth itself. With the wealth of knowledge, the internet has to offer, it would be a shame on you if you didn’t take the opportunity to learn. It wouldn’t be fair to those who are close to you either. Now are you adding or subtracting from your circle?
Below are my Top 5 choices (my opinion) in each area to follow, listen or read outside our Iron Valley Barbell community:
Top 5 Podcast (in no particular order)
- The Joe Rogan Experience- Joe Rogan
- Barbell Shrugged- Barbell Shrugged
- Jocko Podcast- Jocko Willink
- The Body of Knowledge- Kenny Kane and Andy Galpin
- The Industrial Strength Show- Joe Defranco
Top 5 Books (in no particular order)
- How to Win Friends and Influence People- Dale Carnegie
- Extreme Ownership- Jocko Willink
- The Art of War- Sun Tzu
- The War of Art- Steven Pressfield
- The Compound Effect- Darren Hardy
Top 5 Influencers ( in no particular order)
- Lewis Howes- @lewishowes
- Jon North- @attitudenation
- Matt Wenning- @realmattwenning
- Mark Bell- @marksmellybell
- Kai Greene- @kaigreene
For more articles like this, click here!