Brady Need – @BradyNeed
Once you get done killing it in the gym, your next mission is likely to find some food that will refuel your body. But, if you’re like me, the last thing you want to do when you get back from training is spend an hour in the kitchen preparing your meal. You could always go the meal prep route, but over time that easily gets boring and bland. Instead of cooking for an hour to get your meals for the week, why not toss some things in a crock pot and have multiple day’s worth of food cooked for you with under five minutes of prep time? Here is a simple meal that will fill you up without making a dent in the wallet.
- ~3lb. Beef Roast
- 4 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Medium Idaho Potatoes
- 1 Small bag of Baby Carrots
- 1 Small can Beef Broth
- Seasonings to taste
- Dice your potatoes into small bite size chunks
- Arrange carrots and potatoes in the bottom of your crock pot
- Season your roast to your liking, and place it on top of your carrots/ potatoes
- Pour the beef broth (can substitute water) until there is around 1-2cm of liquid in the bottom of your crock pot
- Put the lid on your slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours or LOW for 7-9 hours
There you go, now you’ve got a few day’s worth of meals cooked and you did it under five minutes of prep time. This meal is extremely easy to reheat time after time and still tastes amazing each time you go back to it. I’d recommend letting this cook over night and packing it up in the morning or turning it on when you head out the door and you’ll have a meal ready for you when you get home that night. Don’t think that cooking great meals has to be time consuming and complicated. Buy yourself a crockpot and you’ll be amazed at the things you can easily whip up in the kitchen!
For more articles like this, click here!